By Tyranni Rineer, Certified Self Storage Manager
Son’s in Quarryville held their annual Central Pennsylvania Blood Bank Blood Drive event on Sunday, May 25th from 3pm-8pm. We once again partnered with Son’s for the event. Our Quarryville property manager, Tyranni Rineer, handed out goody bags with bottled water, cow tails, a nice pen and a Moo sticker plus a fun pin to wear (my favorite is “I Love Heifers”!) for everyone who came out to donate.
Here are some quick facts about blood donation from the Central Pennsylvania Blood Bank:
- Only 5% of the population donates blood. If 10% would donate, we could possible eliminate blood shortages.
- If you are at least 16 years old, weigh at least 110 pounds and are in good health, you can most likely donate blood. You will need parental consent if you are under 18 years old in order to donate blood.
- A healthy adult has around 10-12 pints of blood in his or her body – you can easily spare one pint to donate. Your body will completely replenish that one pint within 24 hours.
- Every two seconds, someone needs blood.
- Each day in Central Pennsylvania, patients at area hospitals utilize between 275 to 300 units of blood and products derived from blood.
- One out of every five people who enter a hospital will need a blood transfusion.
- Giving just one hour of your time and one pint of your blood can provide an entire lifetime for a local patient in need.
We want to say a very big “Thank you!” to everyone who came out and showed support for a great cause. If you missed this Blood Drive but would still like to donate, you can visit Central Pennsylvania Blood Bank at www.cpbb.org for more information and to view a schedule of future drives in the community. Mark your calendar! Moove In Self Storage will be hosting a Blood Drive later this summer at our Quarryville location. Once we have a date and time confirmed, we will post the information on our Facebook page. We hope to see you there!