By Trish Romano, Certified Self Storage Manager
The New York Choral Society is a vibrant, ever-renewing musical community which believes in the power of music to impact all lives, enriches the cultural life of New York and beyond through the world-class quality and artistic creativity of their performances, and is committed to delivering excellence to their singers, audiences and supporters. They are located at 119 West 57th Street, Suite 1215 in New York City, NY.
The 175-voice NY Choral (New York Choral Society), led by music director David Hayes, has been performing in Carnegie Hall and other exciting venues for over 50 years. Their members are a diverse community of people who have come together to share their passion for music.
NY Choral members sing on a volunteer basis, but many have studied music or vocal performance. They are all committed to the chorus: they pay their membership dues, prepare their music, attend rehearsals, sell tickets to concerts and contribute in other ways when they can (volunteering time, soliciting charitable contributions, making personal contributions). It’s not inexpensive to rent Carnegie Hall, let alone pay the professional orchestra and soloists, purchase scores, rent rehearsal space and so on.
Benefits of NY Choral Membership
Members contribute to the chorus in all these ways because it gives so much in return. And once you have auditioned and been accepted as a member, an exciting and satisfying musical experience awaits you, too! Here are just some of the benefits of being a NY Choral member:
- Singing, and improving, as a singer and musician under the direction of David Hayes, their very talented and accomplished music director.
- Performing exciting classical masterpieces, rarely performed choral gems and exceptional new music with other highly talented and dedicated singers, and often with a professional orchestra and soloists.
- Singing at Carnegie Hall and other wonderful venues.
- Enjoying a substantial member discount on NY Choral concert tickets.
- Being part of a wonderful community of friendly people who love to sing and socialize. Many develop friendships in the chorus that have lasted for many years, and everyone enjoys meeting new singers who join at the start of each season.
- Socializing with fellow members; many go out together after rehearsals and there is an annual benefit Gala and an end of season member party.
- Traveling and singing around the world on NY Choral Summer Tours.
- All members have the opportunity to audition for the NY Choral Chamber Singers (separate auditions).
- Being challenged and striving to elevate personal musicianship and the excellence of the chorus as a whole.
If you would like to learn more about becoming a member of The New York Choral Society or attending their events, you can visit their website, email them or give them a call at 212-247-3878. You can also support them with an online donation.
Please patronize our business and non-profit partners and request more information on how they can help you or your business. The New York Choral Society partners with our store on Hampton House Road in Newton, NJ and we value their local organization as part of our growing community.
If your business or non-profit organization could use additional storage space, you can rent a storage unit online now or contact us for more information. Our knowledgeable property managers will gladly provide you with the best storage solution for your needs.