Renting A Storage Unit
Renting a storage unit for the first time may seem like a confusing process. Don’t fear – it is actually quite simple! We have outlined the steps from beginning to end so you can be prepared and do not get overwhelmed when you come to see us.
Don’t get caught without solutions! By planning ahead you can save yourself a lot of headaches when moving day arrives.
- Reserve or Rent Your Storage Unit Online. Units often change price based upon availability. Lock in your low rate with an online reservation or rental.
- Start Packing Now. You may need more boxes than you planned for. Packing early, long before your move, will help you stay on track and you can purchase more boxes with plenty of time to spare.
- Reserve Our Free Moving Truck. There are a limited number of Free Moving Trucks available at our York and Lancaster locations, and they are on a first come first served basis. Some of our locations also offer Penske Rental Trucks.
Ask Yourself Important Questions.
This may sound a bit funny, but part of being prepared is knowing the answers to some important questions. Even a rough list will be better than no list at all. Here are some good questions to start with:
- How Long Will I Need The Storage Unit? You may be planning to use self storage temporarily (a couple of months) while you prepare your new home or while your college student is away at school. Or, you could be planning to use it long term (several years) to store holiday decorations, park your RV when not in use or to keep family heirlooms safe – like that old army trunk from grandpa that you don’t need access to regularly but you don’t want to just toss it in the basement where moisture can damage it.
- Do I Need A Temperature Control Storage Unit? If you plan to store electronics or valuable wood furniture, you really should rent a temperature control storage unit to keep everything safe and protected from very high and very low temperatures. If you are planning to store things like lawn furniture or sports equipment, you may not need temperature control. The time of year you are using storage can affect this answer as well – if you are using it only during the fall months, you may be able to get away without temperature control.
- How Many Rooms Of Furniture Will I Have To Store? Determining how many rooms of furniture you need to store will help decide what size storage unit you need to rent.
- How Many Boxes Will I Need? Many times you think you have enough boxes for all of your stuff but later find out that you have run out in the middle of packing. We can help!
Find Your Moove In Self Storage Location.
We have many convenient Locations throughout Pennsylvania, Maryland and New Jersey.
Call Us To Get Started!
Once you have some planning done, some questions asked and answered and you have found your Moove In Self Storage location, it’s time to give us a call and get started.
- Helpful Property Managers. Our Property Managers are ready to become your new BFF! You can call them, email them or simply fill out our Contact Form and we will get you on your way to successful self storage.
- We Can Find A Solution. Our property managers are very knowledgeable and friendly. They will find the best solution for your storage needs – help you determine which unit size you need, whether or not you need temperature control and even recommend supplies to help you move. You can also check out some helpful tips on our website and learn How To Pack, How To Move and How To Store.
- Set Up An Appointment. The last step before moving day is to set up an appointment at the Moove In Self Storage location you have chosen. The property manager will walk you through the necessary steps to secure your storage unit and help get you moved in.
Moving Day Process.
Moving day will come faster than you think. By following our helpful tips, you will be prepared and knowledgeable well in advance of moving day. Now it is time to put everything you have learned into action. It is best to also plan for about 15-20 minutes in the rental office filling out necessary paperwork such as the rental agreement and payment information.
- What You Need To Bring With You. You will need a valid photo ID and a form of payment. We can accept cash, checks, money orders, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. You need to bring the Declaration Page of your Homeowner’s or Renter’s Insurance policy or you may choose to purchase a policy we offer at our facility through a third-party.
- We Have The Supplies You Need. You may have discovered that you still need some more Packing Supplies to make your move as easy as it can be. All of our facilities have a fully stocked store located inside the rental office where you can buy everything you need from boxes and packing paper to bubble wrap and locks.
- Move In. Once you have filled out the proper paperwork, you can start moving your belongings into your storage unit and you are all set!